Thursday, April 23, 2009

If I had my own school

If I had my own school, every child will be free to bloom in their own time without interference, without the agenda of any adult, authority, getting in the way. We simply need to prepare optimum soil conditions and allow them to bring to bear the DNA that's in their seed, for them to bring to bear their purpose in coming to this world, in designing the world.

I would not press upon children traditions and regulations and adult beliefs, which, I believe, is the cause of the brokeness in our world today. It is because of our faulty reasoning and beliefs and our insistance of passing them down generation upon generation, and disallowing examination, that is the root of our degeneration. I will allow each child the time and space to access the voice of God in them to ascertain for themselves and separete between incomplete thought, false ideas or Truth. If God made children, who are we to interfere with God's work?

I, as well as all the teachers, will let learning happen the way Nature intended it to be : Organic. Organic learning means to provide optimum conditions based on how each organism is supposed to grow and develop. We will not mechanise things by setting 'curriculum'. We will not try to speed growth up or employ artificial means as short-cuts to yield 'results'. In other words, we will not assume to tamper with Nature's Hand.

As a farmer, I must learn how each type of plant grows and observe how it interacts with nature to pollinate, grow or thrive. My job is not to force it to grow but to listen to the needs of the Land they are planted in (the environment or society a child is in) and to be sensitive enough to tend to the plant in ways that is helpful to its growth. The things I would need to cultivate in myself is simply a sensitivity to Life and an ability to examine and observe intelligently. From intelligent examination and reflections, I will develop more experience which I can then share with other farmers, about the organic process of Nature's Work.

I will not try and cram children in small spaces like dairy-cows in their pens. I will not drill and exhaust them the way machines milk cows to their deaths. I will not push them to produce more eggs or milk the way schools push children to produce results. I will not burn their beaks with a solder in order to reduce the aggression and violence I have bred in them by conditioning them to the inhumane conditions which is a transit for the slaugterhouse. I will not treat children like 'meat' and 'milk' to serve the needs of Mass Economy Corporations.

Not that I'm equating children to vegetables and animals but biologically, Humans bear more resemblance to organic forms than the mineral/mechanical existence Industrialists and Feudal Lords tend to equate us to.

I'd let what the Earth can Grow to decide what the Market can demand as a need, instead of allowing Consumption to demand from Mother Earth, Her resources to produce for our greed. I will not subject children to experiments and be modified or turned into fighting beasts and working zombies. I will not let children become pawns to a world controlled by 1% of people who see everyone else in no other role except of Consumers and Human Resources.

So intead of forcing children to adapt to a marketplace, I'd let these Children grow up to design and create a world market that is just, fair and able to solve all human needs.

1 comment:

  1. In paragraph2, L5, the word 'examination' refers to 'an examined life' as opposed to the current mainstream reference when discussing schooling.

    ReplyDelete